Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tuesday Dinner -- Pork Tenderloin

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started with some sauteed and braised Brussels Sprouts and fresh Fennel (Sweet Anise) that I cooked with panceta and then added some balsamic vinegar.

Here they are, just getting started.

04-03-08SauteeingBrusselsSprouts.jpg

and after the balsamic was added.

04-03-08FinishingBrusselsSprouts.jpg

I added Kentucky Bourbon, pork tenderloin, and roasted new potatoes.

04-03-08Tenderloinonthegrill.jpg

Here they are resting before I sliced them.

04-03-08TenderloinResting.jpg

My wife threw in one of her best efforts with this beautiful apple tart, served with vanilla bean ice cream.

04-03-08AppleTort.jpg

Coffee and single malt followed and now it is past my bed time.

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Outstanding looking cook Bobs...thanks for the pix! Especially like the use of balsamic and Kentucky Bourbon!! ;) :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I feel you "past my bed time" pain. All the cook looks great but I agree your wife out did herself! ;) Stayed up to late myself and feeling it now at 3:00 am. :(
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Great looking cook but your wife wins first prize with that tart
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    What more can be said. Did you have a problem sleeping on that full stomach?
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    As always, Bob, Wow! .... and that tart is art. :~)

Did you braise the brussel sprouts before the saute?

john
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    WooDoggies wrote:
    As always, Bob, Wow! .... and that tart is art. :~)

Did you braise the brussel sprouts before the saute?

john

I just put them in raw, started the sautee, added the braising liquid (water cause I did not have white wine or stock and balsamic). Then at the end, I took the lid off and reduced the remaining liquid.

In the past I have par-boiled the sprouts first and then finished them with a quick sautee, but without adding any thing for a glaze. Both work fine, but the par-boiling is an extra step and it is not worth it, IMHO, especially if you are doing more than one veggie.