Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Morning Sunshine Biscuits!

WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited 1:57PM in EggHead Forum
March032008023.jpg

It's a gorgeous Maryland morning with the first signs of spring popping up here and there.

Crocuses.jpg

HoneyBeeGalanthos.jpg

Here's to everyone having a little bit of spring beauty in their day!

john

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,246
    Well that sure made me feel mo-better.

Thanks...

Spring "Good For Go Now" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • You are right about that. I will walk the beach this afternoon
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Hey! What are you doing up? You just went to bed a few post ago. The fingers must be throbbing. Hope you get all stiches out and a clen bill of health. Good luck, Tom
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    We are expecting somewhere between 6 to 10 inches of snow by tuesday afternoon. No Spring here in Southern Illinois. Good luck, Tom
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    you guys are killing me!! still lots of snow and plenty more to came here !!

006.jpg
    001-1.jpg
    101.jpg
    Thanks. Maybe then I can clean up the garage floor.

Yes, the fingers, they are 'a throbb'n. And I keep bump'n 'em into stuff. Hurts like young male offspring of an older, unwed female canine when I do that.

Spring "Hate It When Something Goes Bump In The Night" Chicken
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,716
    amazing how much different it is here in newengland compared to were you are which doesnt seem all that far away. shoveled three feet off the roof at camp as the doors were not closing and you could see the ceiling sagging way down in the center (might be one of stikes flat roof designs for maine) only to get another foot sunday. hoping for bees this year, none early spring last year when the cherries were in bloom.
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    DOGSNW.jpg
    TRUCK.jpg
    lobydoor.jpg
    outdiningroom.jpg
    lookingoutback.jpg
    I LIVE HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO....I LIVE HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO......I LIVE HERE BECAUSE I WANT TO.... BUT I AM NOT SURE WHY!!! :angry:
    A_LITTLE_TREAT_Small.jpg
    SCALLOPSSmall-1.jpg
    ok here are a few reasons why :cheer:
    Is this where I'm supposed to say something like "HOLY MACKEREL!!!" or "GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALIVE!!!" or "WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT STUFF?????????"

Had 7 flakes hit here a few years ago and by the time the news crew got to where they landed they were gone and replaced by some folks in skimpy swim suits trying to get a tan. It was enough to close the schools though.

Your post below with them really big crawfish sure got my attention.

Spring "Still Sport'n A Snow Flake Scar On Top 'o My Head" Chicken
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    This was my back yard Saturday morning in NE.
    MorningSnow.jpg
    Will send Crocus pics in three weeks.
    Still cooking though, these were Satuday nights' Blackened Catfish.
    Catfish-1.jpg
    They were great but I kind of toasted my Cast Iron.
    "Your post below with them really big crawfish sure got my attention."

Spring "Still Sport'n A Snow Flake Scar On Top 'o My Head" Chicken[/quote]

mmmmm... Leroy, but with those hurt fingers you aren't much of a cracker. I will do it for you but I get half as my fee :evil:
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    It was sunny, breezy and 75 here in St. Louie yesterday. We're getting 5-8" of snow and ice tonight. Our weather is nutso.
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Man, John! Are you hand holding thos shots? Don't you ever breathe? :ohmy:

LR
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    blamin all yer structural deficiencies on stike....

i recommend shovelling more snow on your roof, for the insulative qualities.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Great pictures John...It's going to be close to 80° today.
    Larry
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    man that is really good reasons to live there. almost makes me want to move there but the pisc sbove makes me decide against it. 69 degrees here now (anderson sc)

thos lobsters looks great makes me hungry

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Excellent photos John.......I know is almost 100% credit to the photographer but.......what is that incredible camera/lensses you are using?????.....we are at 86° at the moment......wished we got some snow sometime... .. :silly: Beli.
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Glad a few shots could help, Leroy. Here's to you feeling even mo-better mo-quickly soon!

john
    Those are two very good reasons indeed!

Are you one of the smiling ladies holding the feast? If so.... happy to meet you. :~)

john
    Those are two very good reasons indeed!

Are you one of the smiling ladies holding the feast? If so.... happy to meet you. :~)

john
    the back button after I post.

Old habits die hard.... doh!
    Pictures? :~)
    It is pretty amazing how a few hundred miles can make a big difference in the weather.
    We're still pretty winter barren here and dropping down into the 20's at night... it's that awkward time when it still feels like late winter with a teasing of early flowers.
    Keep in mind though, you get the best summers to balance out the winters!

john
    I thought it snowed year 'round in Canada....

Hold out a while longer if you can... there's always those two weeks of spring in late August to look forward to. Sorry, couldn't resist. :~)

Nice shots!

john
    Blackened catfish looks like a perfect dish on a snowy day like yours.
    Sorry about your skillet... it's a bummer when the hard earned patina burns off in one cook.

john
    Hey Mike!
    Yes, hand holding for those shots.
    A trick someone taught me a long time ago for slow shutter shots.... first compose the shot then let out half your breath and hold, very gently press shutter and after the click, resume breathing.... works pretty well most of the time but not all of the time. :~)

john
    Thanks Larry. Hope all is well and you're cooking up big in the balmy South!

john
    Thanks Beli! It's a Canon A630... a snapshot camera with alot of cool features that I'm just starting to get to know... and with a lot more than I'll probably ever use. Fun camera.

86 degrees in March? Hard to imagine... I think I'd be hanging out by your pool. :~)

john
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Thanks for the excellent photos. I hope everyone has an great Spring.