Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

skinless chicken breast filet

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone have any great ideas for making the best skinless chicken filets on the green egg.
thanks

Comments

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    This is a real dry meat -- so I like to pound 'em out a bit, and fill 'em [rolled] with deli-ham and cheese...

I do all my chicken indirect... Others get away cooking direct, but I just seem to dry stuff out that way... But, then again, I'm really not a very good cook!

~ B
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    lownslow,[p]I've always cooked them indirect at around 325° - 350°. ~ 'bout 15 to 20 minutes per side. You won't believe how moist they are in the egg. I've never marinated them in anything, just a little John Henry Lemon Pepper and sea salt. Want to try marinating next.[p]Good luck.

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    The one that is on the Hellmann's mayonnaise jar work very well.

Parmesan Crusted chicken

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
    4 tsp Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    Combine mayonnaise and cheese
    Spread on chicken
    sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 425 on raised grid for 10 minutes then flip and cook the second side for 10 minutes

turns out great
    For a flavor change use Ranch dressing instead of mayo
    Enjoy
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Marinate in Zesty Italian salad dressing Dust with lemon pepper seasoning Direct, 350* dome, about 5 - 6 minutes per side close to the coals.
    Use an instant read thermometer and don't overcook.