Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Meat slicer

Chef Boy RCChef Boy RC Posts: 32
edited 4:17AM in EggHead Forum
I couldn't find anything in the archives, not sure if it was me or the forum. What's a good meat slicer to purchase. I will mainly use it to deli slice, ham, roast beef and turkey breast. Thanks.

Comments

• Large MargeLarge Marge Posts: 404
    I use a ChefsChoice 610, here is the link at Amazon.

Good price for something you may only use once a month, cleaning it is very easy, and the blade is large enough to cut most of what you'll cook on the egg. Good luck!

- Marge
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    i own this one, too and bought the ham blade as well. use it regularly and am happy with it and i bought it at amazon.
    bill
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,293
    My parents got me a Waring Pro two years ago and I love it.

Waring Pro

Slices very thin, good safety features, doesn't take up TOO much space (relatively speaking for slicers). Downside is, it's a PITA to clean (again....so are all slicers).

If you are looking for heavier usage, I worked in the retail grocery industry from 1984 to 2000 and I always liked the Hobart deli meat slicers.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Large MargeLarge Marge Posts: 404
    Sounds like the Waring is a pain to clean, I have to say the Chef's Choice is great in its ability to break down even the smallest pieces to clean. Looks like same price at Amazon for both too.
  • I use a top of the line ChefsChoice and love it.

79MVC-005E.jpg

I did this ham yesterday.

79MVC-006E.jpg

Dipstick