Find A Dealer
Report Forum Abuse
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
EGG Table Forum
Rules & Disclaimer
Salads and Dressings
Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
Soups, Stews, Chilis
Weight Loss Forum
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.
In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and
! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.
Maple Syrup & Balsamic marinade
Heard someone did this for a flat iron steak..What portions of each for the marinade?
I think Beli wanted this recipe too..so here goes:
1 or 2 Flat Irons
1/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 Cup pure Maple Syrup
4 TBSP Dijon mustard, divided
3 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp EVOO
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 oz crumbled blue cheese
1. Combine vinegar, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 2Tbsp mustard, and thyme in shallow dish or zip-top freezer bag, add steak(s) to coat. Cover or seal and chill for 2 hrs minimum, turning occassionally.
2. Heat olive oil in large heavy skillet over medium high heat, add pecans, stirring to coat. Stir in 2 Tbsp maple syrup, and cook stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove pecans from pan and spread on wax paper to cool.
3. Remove steaks from marinade. reserving marinade. Sprinkle steak(s) with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temp for 30 mins.
4. Egg the steak(s) per instructions at
. I did not do the rubs mentioned there since I already marinaded.
5. Whisk together reserved marinade and remaining 2 Tbsp mustard in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thick and syrupy.
6. Cut steak(s) into 1/2 inch thick slices, sprinkle with pecans and blue cheese. Either serve with sauce for dipping or pour sauce over steak before adding pecans and blue cheese. ENJOY!!
Powered by Vanilla
for Forum Use Guidelines.