Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mothership visits

Options
Cecil
Cecil Posts: 771
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spring break is coming and I take my kids on a surprise trip. Last year; Mammoth Cave, Louisville, Lexington and Cincinatti. This year it will be Chattanoga, ATL and Savannah/ Tybee Is. My question- as we pass through Atlanta is there a tour, gift shop of anything I can take the kids to? They love to help me cook and might enjoy.
Walt

Comments

• Chef in the Making
    Options
    Can't help you with Atlanta but just spent three days in Savanah. The one place we wanted to eat at wasMrs Wiles Boarding house. Unfortuately it was closed for vacation.

It seems like everyone I asked in Savanah knew about it and raved about it.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    chattanooga is a cool place go to the aquarium there! also they have a couple tours around chattanooga that are cool.. the largest aquarium in the world is in atlanta.... the mothership has no tours that are advertised to the public. they have a retail store where it is always good to go in and see all the eggcessories.. also i hear the atlanta zoo is really good. go to the coca cola tour... maybe some in atlanta will list othere neat places to go ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    All right before I get blasted and flamed, let me say that every time I have gone to the mothership, it has been a worthwhile experience. The best was the Mike Davis class. And.. I always seem to leave with a new toy.

Now, there is nothing really special about the Atlanta store compared to a good retail BGE place. IT is well stocked and you can get everything, including replacement parts there. There is a good selection or rubs and sauces. They have shirts and other things the regular dealers may not carry. Last time, I picked up an egg X-mas tree ornament and key ring...oh yeah, and another small egg.

Most of all, you are going to see some great folks. There is no magical tour. It just a retail space in front of the warehouse. Would I go again, everytime I'm in Atanta I stop by.

Gene
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    As already mentioned the Georgia Aquarium.

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/

Went to the aquarium last year spring break, very nice if you have never been to that type of entertainment.

Also Stone Mountain is interesting.

http://stonemountainpark.com/
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Thanks to all, we may stop by and browse(buy) and say hello.
    Walt