Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Sunday's Car Wash Mike's Ribs

Options
TXTriker
TXTriker Posts: 1,177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I thought I'd best send these up before the new weekend is here. Lets see if I still remember how.

These were done following CWM's recipe but substituting KC's Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce and there were a few, "Oh yeah, supposed to be spritzing" and Oh yeah, supposed to kick the fire up to 275 now." But all in all, they were good.

DSC02018.jpg

Demembraned

DSC02020.jpg

An Early Morning In My Backyard

DSC02022.jpg

Over my back fence which I still consider part of my backyard

DSC02024.jpg

Dizzy Pig rubbed on backside

DSC02028.jpg

Frenchs Mustard and Dizzy Pig regular sprinkled but not rubbed in

DSC02035.jpg

Almost ready to add sauce

DSC02040.jpg

KC's Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce

DSC02042.jpg

Back inside in the kitchen

Thanks to Mike for all his suggestions and ideas.

Comments

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Man those look good, but the wife would probably complain that they are too tender :laugh:

OT: Is that a golf course in your backyard. Looks nice, I'm jealous ;) Wife is probably glad I don't live that close to one :laugh:
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Alwaygolf

I can't play, bad back, but yes, it is a golf course for my backyard. We have the feeling that our backyard just goes forever. It doesn't really because just past the green is a busy 4 lane street but it is really nice being here. I sit outside many days and talk with y'all here since I can reach my network from out there.
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    TXTriker

Sorry to hear bout the bad back. But that is a nice view. Hope you don't end up with too many golf ball in your yard or broken windows. Enjoy the view and look forward to gaining more info and ideas from you and other members of the forum.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Sure looks good to me. Now you've got me want'n some ribs. But Spring Hen and are going to try out a new Cajun restaurant for lunch. I'm fairly certain we will be having gumbo and shrimp poboys. If those aren't good, neither will the rest of the menu.

Love the back yard. I'm sure your early morning coffee tastes great out there.

Spring "Rib Bone Is Connected To The Lip-Smacking Bone" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Hey rememeber it is a guidleline. Looks pretty good from Peculiar. Did you mix honey with the Masterpiece?

Mike
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Feel like biting a chunk out of my laptop :unsure: ........those ribs look so good........just bought mine & plan to do them some time soon.....hope they end up just as good.... nice view.......send one on a clear day too ok???? supose the trees at the back are live oaks??
  • TXTriker
    Options
    CWM,

No, no honey 'cause the wife doesn't like honey. Maybe next time if I do the ribs during the week when shes working, she wouldn't know. Then I could do what she does to me. "You didn't even know it was in there." Thanks for the guide.
  • TXTriker
    Options
    Beli, the trees on the golf course are everything from Drake Elms to Redleaf Maple. And yes, there are some Live Oaks.
    I do have to admit my patio is a wonderful place to drink a cup of coffee in the AM or a glass of cabernet in the afternoon or evening and watch the world go by. What I don't have is the peace and quiet of some folks in the country and room for an outdoor kitchen. But I do love it.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Great ribs and view out of the yard.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Well Ray I´m sure you know exactly how to enjoy those little moments ....isn´t it what life is all about....".moments"....and ...enjoying them with the ones you love.........leaving the honey out was priceless.... :laugh: ....I say ....you really know how to cook & please your better half.....All the best!!!!