Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:32 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Greetings and salutations. It is I, carbon unit #1, and I am pleased to report that all systems are operational.

I know this because my long range sensors let me know that a plumbing malfunction was imminent unless I intervened. Having this advanced notice I casually strolled through the facility to the maintenance room and opened the relief valve thereby allowing the growing pressure to escape. Less stressful and equally affective to previous methods. I have made a note in my journal to consider this method as an alternative to the current procedure. A preventive action rather than reactive action... Hummmm!!! Central command surely will like my idea. Maybe there is a promotion in store for CU#1. Maybe even additional funding to purchase desired items... Or even better, permission to obtain said items using a method of payment peculiar to carbon units whereas the item is obtained now but paid for later with anticipated funds. Understandably, a small surcharge is applied to such transactions. The surcharge called "interest" seems so insignificant when compared to the ability to enjoy the item now instead of having to wait for it. Earthlings are brilliant to come up with this plan. I'm beginning to like this assignment more and more.

I moved on through the facility checking the refrigerator light (on) and waving to Rodney Dangerbird after he text-messaged me with his perimeter security report that all is well. I also checked the front porch for a box but nothing was there. Actually, a large box was placed on the porch earlier in the day and got my hopes up, but it turned out to be something carbon unit #2 had purchased via the intergalactic net.

I might also mention that earlier in the day I mechanically transported myself to a remote facility that devotes itself to carbon unit repair. Carbon unit Carol #105 was assigned to examine my wounds and measure the progress since the incident occurred. After considerable pushing, pulling and bending of each digit she reported that treatment and therapy was successful thus far and I should be pleased that I will be able to count in full numbers instead of fractions. Realizing the need for levity in an otherwise sad place I wore a shirt emblazoned with "Pull My Finger..." It hardly got a smile from the occupants. It is a good thing I decided against activating the remote controlled phart machine.

I return Monday for more finger folding and pulling, then have the cat's guts plucked out. It still might be some time before full use returns.

There are 2 Members and 129 Guests eagerly awaiting this report.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Still With Ten Little Piggy's" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Good Night Leroy..

Glad the fingers are OK. Looking forward to see you and the Hen in Florida
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    leroy,
    you wore a 'pull my finger' tee shirt to the hand rehab facility????

i think you are my new 'hero'
    thanks for the smile one a day that i really need one,
    glad to hear you are on the mend
    bill
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Same here on both counts. The squeeze thing she used to measure muscle loss sure surprised me. Hardly any grip at all. Looks like I need to squeeze something many times.

I sure hope you are earning enough money to justify these all-nighters you've been putting in, not tom mention your growing Egg habit.

See you in Florida.

Spring "Doing Twenty For The Gripper" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thank you. Thank you very much. I've never been a hero... well not in this life, but I seem to recall in a much earlier life taking a candy bar from another kid in order to keep him from getting fat and losing his teeth and messing up his clothes. Then I showed him how to properly eat one. I could tell from the look on his face that he was full of admiration for me.

But my intent now is to cause smiles. If you smiled today then my job is done.

Spring "Happy Hour Begins With Me" Chicken