Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country on Profile

Options
eatbbq
eatbbq Posts: 81
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Not sure if this i s a new topic, but I have asked this a couple of times. Again, it isn't a big thing, but despite my "country" being listed as Canada in my profile when I go to edit it, it shows as US when I click on my profile to look at it in posts, or when logged on. I keep trying to change it so it will show country of origin, but still is incorrect. Do the Americans have anything against us Canadians, or is this still just a glitch with the new forum?

Eric.

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Yes!!...death to all Kanucks!!!... :woohoo: :woohoo: j/k...post this in the forums feedback section..might get a quicker response.. ;)
  • eatbbq
    Options
    thanks, will try that if no response from the forum administrators.

P.S. Despite spending many months in Florida, and California, I just couldn't give up the snow, although if I could ever figure out how to post pictures and you saw the snow on my eggs you would wonder why.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    start an account on an image hosting server such as photobucket...upload your pictures to that server...resize your pictures to max 800x600... below or beside each picture you will see several sets of code...left click on the one labeled 'img code' and it is automatically copied into your clipboard...start your post here and wherever you want to place the pic..click 'ctrl-v' to paste from the clipboard and walla! your photo should show up in your post.. ;)
  • eatbbq
    Options
    Thanks again, I tried uploading to photobucket account, but I think it must be my photo program on computer, I have "cammedia master", put out by Olympus (my camera manufacturer), and I don't seem to be able to upload from any of the files in that program. I may try putting the photos directly into the computer on MS photo program and see if that works.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    eatbbq,

I have investigated this issue and determined that this is due to our having "merged" two different profile systems (three actually counting the forum's own profile) to get what we have and to avoid losing information from the original forum (e.g. "cookers" and "wish list").

For a few fields, and country is one of them, there are now two copies. The copy you can edit is, unfortunately, not the one that is shown everywhere else. This is also true for the "homepage" field. When we can find the time, we'll fix these issues.