Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More on membranes (cooks faster!?)

Options
Gordy
Gordy Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two weeks ago I cooked a whole tenderloin. A couple of good buddies and their wives were in town for the weekend. The girls went to the store and got a monster, had it de-membraned by the buther and then tied together. $130, but they got that kind of cash and I had bought dinner the night before (love that cheap Mexican).[p]Last night I cooked a pork tenderloin, I also de-membraned it and marinated it for 48 hours.[p]Both loins were fabulous and ultra tender (especially the pork).[p]I did notice that they cooked faster and the beef was too medium for me. Any words of wisdom.[p]Thanks,
Gordy

Comments

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Gordy,
    I pull the tenderlions at the following internal temperatures:
    Pork 140-145 degrees, just barely past the pink stage
    Beef 135 degrees, medium rare (red but warm)
    I check them with a Polder type and never open the dome during the cook.
    B D

• Gordy, next time you do a beef tender, remove it at 115 deg internal (at the thickest end) and let it rest ten minutes. It should be OK at the smaller end for those who like it not quite so rare. If that's too rare, add a little more time to 120 deg. That's too expensive a cut to ruin by overcooking. I take pork tenders off at 140 deg int.

• Gordy,[p]Here's some words of wisdom: It's okay to be cheap, just don't brag about it![p]Ann