Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

User name vs Handle

Options
Chef in the Making
Chef in the Making Posts: 902
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
WMK

When you have a chance can you determine why my handle shows in the whose on line list but it does not show when I post. Only my user name shows and I am still unable to view my profile however others can.

For a short time on Saturday evening everything worked fine to include being able to view my profile.

Thank you

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Urnmor,

I'm not sure what is happening here, but it may be that you are being logged out by the server after an hour of being away from the forum.

Even if you're using the computer, if you don't at least refresh a forum view (index or message, etc.) at least once per hour, then the server logs you out. That may be why it works for a "short time" but then not.

Try visiting the home page when you don't see your handle, or cannot access your profile. If you see a login box (instead of "hello" and "logout") then you've been logged out.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    WMK

I do not beleive that is the problem. I am logged on now and my handle shows me to be on line but I can still not access my profile.

I do know others can see my profile.

Again thanks for your assistance.

John