Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1 bag of Weekend Warrior

Options
mark9765
mark9765 Posts: 122
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my first bag of Weekend Warior lump. It gets hot fast. I have used BGE and Ozark Oak before but I have to be careful with Weekend Warrior. It got up to 800 faster than the other brands and I didn't "burp" enough, burned the hair off my arm :lol:

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I find that BGE lump has predictable, burning characteristics. Cowboy seems to burn a bit hotter & faster. Royal Oak is in the same bakkpark, but with a tad more smoke. So far, that's been my experience.

Rascal
  • Why didn't you get half a dozen bags of WW? Did you not believe it would work as well as we all have said?

As for the missing hair on your arm get used to it no matter what brand you use. Any 'old timer' has bald arms, bellies and occasionally legs.

By using WW on a regular basis I will recommend to Sundown he teach you the secret handshake. Not.
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    I have bought 6 bags over the last 6 months from them. The company is very responsive. Delivery was fast and the price was right. Almost as easy as driving the 6 miles the the BGE dealer and it's a little cheaper even with the shipping

Ed
  • mark9765
    mark9765 Posts: 122
    Options
    I actually bought 2 bags. There is a grill store close by (Birmingham, Al)that only sells Weekend Warrior.