Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs for her enjoyment...

edited 12:36AM in EggHead Forum
I sent the Mrs. South O to the store yesterday to grab some BB's that were on sale. Evidently she didn't hear right and came home with beef ribs. Any idears on preping these huge things and cooking times?[p]Matt.

Comments

• South O,
    Some folk like em, and some don't. You need to cook, and cook and cook. Check out Garry's pictorial, and make sure you follow his instructions to a "t".
    To me, they are fabulous.

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Eggless,
    That link is the way to go. The only thing that I would add is to skip the rub or use a very simple one, maybe salt and pepper. Also, try using Red Oak for the smoking wood and go easy on the smoking wood or do not use any. You will be surprised of the flavor of the finished product. Make sure that you get the membrane off because it feels like leather.[p]Enjoy, you are in for a treat.
    RhumAndJerk

• Send her back to the store
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    duck,
    Which brings to the next point. You will either love them or hate them.[p]Heeeeeeeee,
    RhumAndJerk

• StogieStogie Posts: 279
    South O,[p]They cook the same as any rib, just a bit longer. On my WSM, they take around 7-8 hours.[p]I use very different seasonings on my beef.......no sweetness.[p]My impressions....far too much work, for far too little meat.[p]Stogie
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    BeefRibs06_12_0015_58_01_small.jpg
    <p />South O, pictures and time from the one and only time that I made beef ribs.

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]
  • South O,
    tried them, a complete waste of time. I don't think beef ribs could be made palatable.