Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Sad Day in Eggville

Options
124»

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    No offense taken and from what I know about TRex he's the coolest cucumber on the board and utterly unflappable. :~)
    Don't know what to tell you about posts getting buried... it happens to everybody and to me countless times and kind of hard to avoid with 500 plus posts a day.

Back to cookin... Cheers!

john
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    C'mon down with the family Stikeman! There's plenty of room in the barn with the bats and the groundhog that lives under the west side. I promise the boys will have a blast. We'll cook lots of red meat and drink copious brews!

john
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    had an estate auction today (junk yard {really}) and have been mia today and when i read your title i was thinking that maybe you broke an egg and felt real bad for you but now you have to look at them and i think that is even a worse punnishment but to make you feel a little better here is a french bread recepie i tried and i may have told you about it but if not

Divine French Bread Baguette Recipes!

These French bread baguette recipes will make you feel like you've stepped into a French bakery. Delicious, authentic, and easy to make!
    As always, FamousFrenchDesserts.com is proud to be your personal and authentic guide to French desserts and breads!

Preparation Time: about 25 minutes
    Cooking Time: about 25 minutes
    Resting Time: about 4 hours, 30 minutes

Ingredients for French bread baguette recipes:

4 cups Flour
    1 tbsp. Dry Active Yeast
    1-2 tsp. Salt
    2 cups Warm Water
    Oil for bowl

How to make it:

1. In a bowl, mix together the flour and the salt.
    2. In another bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and half of the flour/salt mixture. Using your hands, mix until it forms a dough. Then, cover with a dish cloth and let sit at room temperature for 3 hours. It should triple in size.
    3. Gently incorporate the rest of the flour/salt, using your hands.
    4. Place on a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes. It should be supple and elastic when you stop kneading.
    5. Lightly oil a bowl. Place dough in bowl. Cover with a dish towel. Let sit for 1 hour. It should double in size.
    6. Preheat oven to 450°F. Knead again. Then cut dough into 3 parts and form each part into a long baguette. Place on a baking sheet. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
    7. Place a bowl of water in the oven. Bake baguettes for about 25 minutes (maybe less). Remove the bowl of water after 15 minutes of baking.
    Voilà!

Tip for French Bread Baguette Recipes:

Baguettes are particularly crusty and light because they are cooked at extremely high temperatures and are vaporized. Even though domestic ovens can't go as high a real French bakery ovens, you can still make an excellent baguette, by remembering to put a bowl of water in the oven. And, of course by baking at a very high temperature.

Variations:

Do you like whole wheat baguette recipes? Just use 1 cup White flour and 3 cups Whole Wheat flour!

Serving Ideas:

French bread baguette recipes can be used in a variety of ways: for breadfast with butter and jam, to accompany soups, for sandwiches, cut in thin slices for foie gras, to serve hors d'oeuvres… or really with anything at all because French bread baguette recipes are just so delicious!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Either do you..

Egrets are Herons and they still eat fat worms and drink grape juice.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Pete,
    You are so full of.........ummmm, information!! :laugh:
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    I think that Chris (swibirun) was on to something. Depending on the actual legal verbiage in your lease it is quite possible that they have only prohibited long term storage of items on the balcony, and equipment which is actively used or periodically moved would not fall into this category. So you would stand a good chance of wining the case unless the verbiage in the lease is quite explicit and specifically prohibits the usage of grills on balconies.

If you think that your grilling was offending the neighbors or possibly causing problems like a fire hazard then I can see why you might just give it up. But if no harm was being done to anyone and you want to keep egging on the balcony then I would contact your local county bar association. They have a lawyer referral program where you pay a small fee (usually $25) for a free consultation with a qualified attorney that specializes in lease issues. Take a copy of your lease, explain the problem, and get an opinion. If the opinion is favorable then the attorney will most likely type up a quick response letter for you, either free of charge of for a small fee. Send the letter to the association and then the ball is in their court. They could press it by taking you to court but this is unlikely since it would cost them $$$, and they are likely to just ignore it unless some of the neighbors push it. In some communities the association will send letters and try to officiate but when it comes to taking legal action it is up to the individual homeowners or tenants to file suit. I have used these lawyer referral services before and they have always been worth the money, even if only to learn more about the legal system.