Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

very weird...

stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
was just gonna ask what i can do to a beef tenderloin i found in the freezer. wife's away with the boy's overnight, and i'm bachelor boy.

on comes Giada DeLaurentis (carrot gal, see the avatar), and she does a show on cooking for one. doing a tenderloin, with mushroom/shallot sauce which uses bleu cheese as a base.

i love bleu cheese (wife gets skittish around stinky cheeses, but she's getting better), and have all the ingredients inna fridge.

i'm now blowing kisses at the television trying to get giada to look, but she ain't buying it. figured i could use some company in the kitchen.
alas, it'll just be me that eats this.

looks tasty.

if giada's magic is any good, i'll report with photos. will also post photos of the tenderloin, too.

here's a matched pair of cornish game hens from the other day. followed the parmesan/bread crumb recipe from the BGE archives. good stuff. first thing in my life, though, that i ever said actually "tastes just like chicken". was expecting a difference for some reason.

hens.jpg
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    good lookin stuff stike..definitely like to see how the 'giada loin' turns out..I cant ever catch her recipes..i'm too focused on the cleavage!!....enjoy your bach evening ;)
  • "Carrot Gal". :laugh: I have a white wine base with shrooms and scallions. Let us know how it turns out.

Mike
  • stike
    cool. i have to open a white for the sauce, too.
    opening a red for the dinner. hmm. two open bottles of wine, and an empty house. >sniff<

o solo mio!
  • I'm not a big fan of Giada's food but that sounds delicious, Stike! Can't wait to hear how it turns out.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • stike
    ...i ate the whole damn thing. man. that's the only way to eat tenderloin. i've tried to find a way to enjoy it, and this version (giada's) is basically using it as a conveyance for a great sauce of bleu cheese or gorgonzola.

pics in a bit. i'm stuffed.
    smoking a cheap cigar, too. celebrating Bachelor night.
    what a farce. all i can think about is how the wife would enjoy this ('cept the cheese), and it would be great to wrestle with the 5 and 7 year old. hahaha

plus, with the wife away, i hadda drink the cheap smoking loon cab insteada the clos pegas pinot noir (2003!)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Carrot gals got a bun in the oven if you watched Ellen the other day and cheating with you is off the table. Your lucky she still grinds your carrot on the aviator. Besides your whipped just like me. Like to look at the minue and dream about the old days but wouldn't go back if you could1 :laugh: Your hens look good.