Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp for "done to well-done" beef?

Meatatarian
Meatatarian Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all, let me say that I like my steaks pretty rare, and most of the time if someone asked me to cook a well-done steak, I would throw a hamburger on the grill and burn it to a crisp for them. I'm planning on cooking a couple of flatirons tonight, and my mother-in-law musn't see a hint of pink in hers.

Thus, what is the minimum internal temp that will get rid of all pink? If possible, I'm hoping to cook it until there is no pink without turning it into a dried up piece of shoe leather. This will begin the weaning process from burnt food toward medium and then on to medium rare!

I'll be using the standard TRex method and hoping this will allow me to maintain some level of moisture in the meat.

So, has anybody ever measured the internal temp of an overcooked, partially burned flatiron?

Meat

Comments