Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help on grilled sausage?

Options
davidm
davidm Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all:[p]Not content with today's pulled-pork triumph, I want to grill some hot and sweet sausages tonight.[p]I see one recipe here that calls for grilling them with peppers and onions for what looks like a total of about 1 1/2 hours at varying temperatures, but I wondered if anyone has tried and likes anything else.[p]When I prepare them indoors, I usually steam them for about 10 minutes or so in a covered pan, and then uncover them to brown and finish. Maybe something like that on the Egg?[p]Thanks,[p]David

Comments

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    davidm,[p]I follow the advice I got from Smokin' Todd at last year's eggfest. I put'em direct on the grill at low temps for an hour to an hour and a half. I shoot for 250• or under for 45 minutes. I look'em over and if all looks right, I go for 30 mintues or so at the same temp. I like to put the sausages in a zip-lock for up to 24 hours ahead of time in a garlic oil bath. I haven't eggperimented with this because my son thinks this is the best thing invented.[p]CB
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    davidm, I usually cook mine at about 325 for about 45 minutes. You can cook them faster or slower but they taste good no matter what. Just remember to make sure they are completely done when you take them off. Raw sausage is not real good for you.

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    davidm,
    I do a lot of sausage. Italian, ham & cheese, wine & cheese, ploish, breakfast, etc.
    I usually cook them direct at 350-375 for about 30-45 minutes.
    I pull them when the instant read hits 165-170.
    B D