Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Help on grilled sausage?

davidmdavidm Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, all:[p]Not content with today's pulled-pork triumph, I want to grill some hot and sweet sausages tonight.[p]I see one recipe here that calls for grilling them with peppers and onions for what looks like a total of about 1 1/2 hours at varying temperatures, but I wondered if anyone has tried and likes anything else.[p]When I prepare them indoors, I usually steam them for about 10 minutes or so in a covered pan, and then uncover them to brown and finish. Maybe something like that on the Egg?[p]Thanks,[p]David
·

Comments

• char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    davidm,[p]I follow the advice I got from Smokin' Todd at last year's eggfest. I put'em direct on the grill at low temps for an hour to an hour and a half. I shoot for 250• or under for 45 minutes. I look'em over and if all looks right, I go for 30 mintues or so at the same temp. I like to put the sausages in a zip-lock for up to 24 hours ahead of time in a garlic oil bath. I haven't eggperimented with this because my son thinks this is the best thing invented.[p]CB
    ·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    davidm, I usually cook mine at about 325 for about 45 minutes. You can cook them faster or slower but they taste good no matter what. Just remember to make sure they are completely done when you take them off. Raw sausage is not real good for you.

·
  • Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    davidm,
    I do a lot of sausage. Italian, ham & cheese, wine & cheese, ploish, breakfast, etc.
    I usually cook them direct at 350-375 for about 30-45 minutes.
    I pull them when the instant read hits 165-170.
    B D

·