Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steer But

Options
carpetman
carpetman Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used to eat a steak at Nolans restaurant in Gulf Shores AL called a Steer Butt - Anyone know where to buy these or how to get it cut? I used to love these before the Hurricane destroyed Nolans.

Comments

• Kew_el_steve
    Options
    Did a Google on this, just out of curiousity. This might give you what you're looking for. The cut might be one thing, but the method might be something else (reference Trex method).

I can find several references to availability in Alabama, but to mixed reviews. So this bears out that the method of cooking is indeed important. The fact that it's spread out in Alabama might mean that the ideas may have spread with the people when the restaurant was destroyed; some better than others. My $.02 worth...

"A 10 oz. hand-cut steak cut on a bias from the beef tenderloin. A very tender steak that's not often heard of at steakhouses!"

http://www.desperadossteaks.com/locations.php
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Not sure but restaurants names for steaks and relationship to cut don't always jive..if this one does..my guess would be 'butt' end of the shoulder..just a guess though..