Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Notes from the Mini-Omaha Mid-WinterFest

Options
Broc
Broc Posts: 1,398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Casey [Eggfoot] got some shots today -- Maybe he'll get to posting soon.

T'was a fine day -- five Eggs rumbling...

breads...
fatties...
pork loin roulade...
scampi...
shrimp...
scallions...
spatchcock chicken...
pizza...
double-bakes taters...

...we had a lot of food left uncooked --

...so much food, so little time!...

Best to All

~ Broc

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    now you are just rubbing it in where are the pictures????????????? :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Looks like you're having a warm spell up there LOL... 39° and the sun is hiding behind the clouds to keep you from being sun burned.

Meantime, we're suffering from the heat here. I'm in shorts, the A/C is on and I'm sweating.

But I didn't have my Eggs lit and Egghead friends over. That makes a big difference.

Sounds like y'all had fun.

Spring "Think I'll Light The Egg Just To Light The Egg" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Broc, did a fantastic job of organizing and letting the neighborhood know about it. We guessed maybe 50-60 people drove up or walked to his house.
    I'm taking a layover next to St. Joe, MO. The weather got pretty nasty the farther south I went.
    I will have pics up tomorrow.
    Broc, thanks for opening up your house to us. I can't imagine a better Saturday in the middle of winter in the Mid-West.
    And yes, at 39 degrees. I took my hooding off. HAHAHA

Mike
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Good to hear you had a good time. Looking forward to see Broc in the flowered silk shirt, shorts and flip flops.

Excited to see the pictures.

Save trip home all.

GG
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Sounds like your getting the rain/storms we're supposed to have Sunday.

Sounds like you guys had a good time.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Sounds like you guys had a good time, I would have joined you but its too cold there. B) -RP
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    We are and it was great time. I'm getting just the correct amount of snow. :woohoo:

Mike
  • Broc
    Options
    Either Eggfoot [sponsor of the official Omaha Eggfest] or CarWashMike will be posting pics soon...

Remember ... patience is a virtue!

:laugh:
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Somehow I don't think it is the snow but it is the salt that your really like :silly:
  • Broc
    Options
    The temp is down, heading South again [32F right now @ 6:40] -- but we had a sharp breeze all afternoon. I thought the guys would be in the house all afternoon, leaving me to fend off the chill, but they weren't!

They held the fort and triumphed over the chill!

Our neighbors were pretty interactive -- asking lots of questions, fascinated by the Eggs... Casey brought a Mini, a Medium to add to Mine, a Large and an XLarge. Then, we had my Small --

We kept the Eggs well-fed... None of them got much rest time...

The neighbors who came really appreciated the food -- and was even astute enough to say, "I didn't realize I have been tasting the gas in my food."

T'was a good day -- and those who wanted to chat seriously with Casey had the chance to do so, and he tactfully awarded them with his business card and a brochure. Good for him!
  • Broc
    Options
    Is that why he was licking the tires...
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Broc,

You are correct, Casey is a great person, really helped me clear out here in Utah. It is great to have dealers like that.

GG
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Broc, will attest to the fact. I had my blade on. Pushing snow, then salt, then cleaning. Makes for long days.

Mike