Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs using a rack

BoccieBoccie Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
eggdance.gif
<p />I have read on the forum how to do ribs, and they have the ribs laying on the grate. What about using a rib rack? Is there anything different that should be done using the rack? Maybe flip and rotate the ribs every so often, or is that even necessary when they are verticle in a rack?[p]
I am thinking of trying to do some Pork Ribs this weekend and any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks![p]-Boccie[p]

·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Boccie,[p]The link below is to a recipe offered by Cat, cooking the ribs vertical using an inverted v-rack directly on the grill. The recipe uses baby backs (3-3.5 hr cook). Spares will take 4-5 hours and will need to be flipped/moved a few more times. Using either cut, the results are very rewarding.[p]Spin
    [ul][li]Cat's Ribs[/ul]
    ·
  • PainterPainter Posts: 464
    Boccie, A follow up to Spin is this photo of Cat tending her rib cook at the 1999 Octoberfest. She does use the rack, a I'm pretty sure she rotates ribs during the cook. At what intervals I'm not sure but I usually turn and rotate every hour.
    Painter

[ul][li]Car arranging her ribs[/ul]
    ·
    Painter,
    Sorry, Just scan the pictures and you will find it.

·
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    IMG_0253.JPG
    <p />Boccie, like everything in BBQ, there is no best way - it's really the way that YOU like the best. [p]These ribs were done flat, but then I don't have a rib rack! All Gone and GREAT.

·
  • BoccieBoccie Posts: 186
    Prabably the best thing is for me to just try a couple ways and see what I like the best, rack/no rack etc etc.[p]At least I have an idea of how to approach each way now, thanks everyone![p]-Boccie
    ·
  • GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Gfw,[p]You keep showing them and I may have tocome all the way up there and take one away from you :~)[p]You got me all worked up to do some this weekend.

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    MT559.jpg
    <p />Painter,
    Maybe this will work...Cat's ribs.
    Larry

·
    YB,
    Thanks for the help, I can use it now and again. "Puter" knowledge is what I need a fine tuning in.
    Painter

·