Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

not just another font size issue...

Options
stike
stike Posts: 15,597
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
even though it's about font size.

for weeks, i haven't had an issue with coming to the forum and having the type too small. whether i was logged in or not, i had "normal" sized font. i thought that i'd set it somewhere in my profile, but even not logged in, the font was ok.

now, the font is tiny, and even logging in doesn't set it to my preference.

is this a 'cookie' issue? how did i manage to permanently change font size last time?
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments

• NU2BBQ
    NU2BBQ Posts: 98
    Options
    I am looking for the same info as you. I can't seem to find where one can set their viewing preferences and save that view. I remember doing it once before but now as you have stated the fonts are small and no where to set it permanently.
  • NU2BBQ
    Options
    I am looking for the same info as you. I can't seem to find where one can set their viewing preferences and save that view. I remember doing it once before but now as you have stated the fonts are small and no where to set it permanently.
  • NU2BBQ
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Jeff,
    I'm low tech, but I believe you are right it's a cookie issue as I have differences netween my laptop and my desk top puters.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    stike,

The font size controls use their own independent cookie to store your last selected font and size. It should remain until you change it or until the cookie is deleted.

Your view preferences are in the "main" profile accessible from the home page "User Menu" -> "Profile". We combined the forum with two other "profile" packages in order to provide the same fields we had on the original forum; however, the integration is not complete. Some fields (e.g. avatar image) show up only in the forum profile ("my profile" link w/in the forum). While other fields can be modified only in the "main" profile. We will complete the integration of these two systems (three actually) as soon as we can find the time.
  • NU2BBQ
    Options
    Thank you very much. I needed to change my privacy settings in Firefox, now all is well. I was deleting cookies each time I closed Firefox.