Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Chuck Roast Results

Options
disabledDK
disabledDK Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried a 4lb chuck roast the other night. Put my favorite rubs on the meat, got BGE to 450-500, seared meat on both sides, used oak chips, removed roast, placed in roaster with 2 cans beer and 1 glass water, added 2 whole onions, 6 cloves garlic and fresh cut mushrooms. Placed roaster (covered) in egg on top of upside-down plate setter. Set temp to 350 and let go for appx. 3 hours. Last hour of cooking add cut potatoes and carrots. Results: meat was fork pulling tender, great flavor, potatoes and carrots melted in your mouth. Just like mom use to make up-north. Anyway, just wanted share with BGE family.[p]DK

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    DK,[p]Dang good post on the chuck roast. Sounds like a keeper and maybe the first successful chuck report I've seen other than the one Larry gave me at BGE HQ. [p]I have printed this out and plan on trying this myself as soon as time permits. Thanks for your post, DK.[p]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    DK, I have to agree with Bob..Dang good post. I been trying to do that with a foil wrap but I will hang up those experiments now..I love that beer bath cook idea. Thank's and kudo's for the ideas!!
    C~W[p]

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    DK,[p] Would you put that in our recipe section? It sounds like
    another great meal. Will put this on my must try list.
    Problem is, list getting longer and longer & body is
    getting bigger & bigger.[p] Earl