Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Chuck Roast Results

disabledDKdisabledDK Posts: 64
edited 5:18PM in EggHead Forum
Tried a 4lb chuck roast the other night. Put my favorite rubs on the meat, got BGE to 450-500, seared meat on both sides, used oak chips, removed roast, placed in roaster with 2 cans beer and 1 glass water, added 2 whole onions, 6 cloves garlic and fresh cut mushrooms. Placed roaster (covered) in egg on top of upside-down plate setter. Set temp to 350 and let go for appx. 3 hours. Last hour of cooking add cut potatoes and carrots. Results: meat was fork pulling tender, great flavor, potatoes and carrots melted in your mouth. Just like mom use to make up-north. Anyway, just wanted share with BGE family.[p]DK
·

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    DK,[p]Dang good post on the chuck roast. Sounds like a keeper and maybe the first successful chuck report I've seen other than the one Larry gave me at BGE HQ. [p]I have printed this out and plan on trying this myself as soon as time permits. Thanks for your post, DK.[p]
    ·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    DK, I have to agree with Bob..Dang good post. I been trying to do that with a foil wrap but I will hang up those experiments now..I love that beer bath cook idea. Thank's and kudo's for the ideas!!
    C~W[p]

·
  • EarlEarl Posts: 468
    DK,[p] Would you put that in our recipe section? It sounds like
    another great meal. Will put this on my must try list.
    Problem is, list getting longer and longer & body is
    getting bigger & bigger.[p] Earl

·