Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Steak!

Kelly KeefeKelly Keefe Posts: 469
edited 9:59PM in EggHead Forum
ps.jpg
<p />Hard to believe I've had my large for almost a year now and have never gotten around to doing pork steaks. With a little help from CharWoody (Thanks C~W!) that has now been rectified.[p]Took two basic supermarket pork steaks, a tad over 1/2" thick. Coated with mustard and rub, then seared at 700° for two minutes each side with a 5 minute dwell. The results were two medium well steaks, very moist and tasty.[p]Kelly Keefe
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Kelly Keefe,[p]With mustard applied to the pork steaks, and a cook time of nine minutes, could you taste the mustard?[p]Carl T
    St. Louis, MO

• Kelly KeefeKelly Keefe Posts: 469
    Carl T,[p]Nope and I couldn't believe it myself the first time I tried it. Just use cheap yellow mustard, not dijon or such. Works great on anything but chicken.[p]Kelly