Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Dyson Vac Vs.laminate floor

Options
Darnoc
Darnoc Posts: 2,661
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to put down a Pergo or tougher grade of laminate in my living room.Will this vac pick up dog hair with the bare floor setting.I have had a Dyson for six years and swear by it but not to sure about the hard floor scene.With a Mastiff and a dauchund mix running around there is quite a bit of hair.

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    You may have to get the hard floor attachment for that. Basically, it is a wide attachment that goes on the hose. I've had pretty good luck running the vacuum directly on the hardwood floor, though.

This is the one for the DC15 that I own:

http://www.dyson.com/store/parts.asp?accessory=ACC-DC15FTOOL-GEN&product=DC15-SY-STD

Not sure which model you're running...
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    We got the Dyson Animal vac (the purple one) last year. The machine itself has a carpet/floor option, I use that sometimes. OR it came with the floor attachment to use with the hose. Usually use this option...just depends on how lazy I am. As you know, we have the Mastiff, African grey parrot, and 2 cats running around.....with hardwood and satillo tile floors. It gets everything...hair, cat puke, and bird feathers. Don't worry bout the pergo......you won't need any other special vac.....
    Kim
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Thank you for the heads up.My house has always been wall to wall carpet and never used a vac on a bare floor before.Makes me feel better that I don't have to go out and shop around for a second machine.I do love the Dyson . Yhat thing sure does kick some butt I must say because I have tried all of the top end units out there.Kinda like being a proud Big Green owner.It feels good to be able to say to someone I told you so.
  • fyrcat
    fyrcat Posts: 41
    Options
    We too have had a Dyson animal for about 5 years. We have pergo/tile/hardwood/carpets. Have 3 dogs, african grey parrot, and husband. Does great for all...I use the floor attachment for all hard surfaces. I love the Vac, but my husband does not. He thinks it is too heavy. We also have a Miele canister. I do not think it does a very good job. The Dyson gets everything, and no bags!!!! Cathy
  • Marlin Darlin
    Options
    I have laminate floors throughout most of the house ( though I would never have them again). With dog hair and sand, I gave up on the regular vac and now use my Shop -Vac with HEPA fiter and a smooth floor brush attatchment from the house vac. One long heavy duty extention cord and I can do the whole first floor without unplugging. The Shop-Vac does a much better jobon the smooth surface.