Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter ham is ready, used Mickey T's Temp ring

Butch M
Butch M Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend is our Grandson’s first birthday, so we will be spending tomorrow with our son and his family. My wonderful princess wanted to have the entree ready for Easter lunch before we left, so that after church on Sunday, all she would have to do is heat and serve. [p]I have wanted to try a ham on the egg, so this morning, I put a 7-pound, water added, shank portion onto the V-rack then into a pan, and let her roll. When the internal temperature reached 170, I took it off. [p]My word, this is a great piece of meat. Moist, tasty, with a just a little smoke flavor. This is the best ham I have ever tasted. I like ham cook where you can pull the meat off in strings, like Pulled Pork, and I am not disappointed. My wife has just made me quit “picking” at it, so we will have some left for Sunday. Can’t wait until Sunday to eat my fill.[p]I used Mickey T’s temperature ring # 5, which held the egg steady at 300 for 5 hours. Mickey’s invention works like a charm. I had the vent open all the way and Mrs. Green held steady, until the wind really started blowing. Shut the vent ½ way and continued on. This is our first Easter with the egg, but it won’t be the last.[p]I hope that each of you have a wonderful and blessed Easter.

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Butch M,[p]Is it possible to have my mouth watering for ham at 7:30 am??[p]I have a ham in the frezzer that I need to try. Yours sounds great.[p]Glad the rings worked out. You will learn to trust them without a hitch.[p]Thanks Butch.[p]
    Mick