Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chop Night

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Firin' up mr green for...............[p]PORK CHOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    You read my mind, ST! Just headin out to see if I can get local meat shop to cut me some double-thick centre-cut loin chops. Denise's favourite! By co-inky-dink, the Beer Store is right next door. How con-VEEEN-ient! Cheers!
    Qfan

• Smokin' Todd,
    cook em just like steak? sear and dwell?

• BBQfan1
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    Hey dude; I'm back from the meat shop! Got 2 of those centre cut chops; custom cut, double-thick. They are over 1 lb each; about a lb and a quarter. What cut do you usually get? The butterflied loins always look so nice, but are just too lean and butt chops are just that; slices of butt--too much fat to meat ratio. Just wondering; people talk about doing chops, but there are so many cuts marketed... I like these centre cuts, cuz the bulk of it is nice, and then you hit that medallion of tenderloin on the one side of the T-bone and 'Oh man! pork chop heaven Bay-beee!!' (my best **** Vitale impersonation for NB, whose Turtles are still chuggin along in the Tourney!)
    Qfan

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    BBQfan1,[p]I also like the thick cut center loin chops. This one supermarket near me usually has some big thick nice looking ones. I like to season with kosher salt, black pepper, and rosemary, and then grill at high heat. I like to serve with Q sauce on the side, but I often don't use it if I've cooked my chops right (ie - they're tender, moist, and sitting in their own delicious juices!).[p]Now that I've just raved about pork chops, I'll admit that my dinner tonight will most likely consist of a tuna sandwich with a cup of noodles on the side (with lots of tabasco sauce, of course). I've been working way too much this week and haven't had a second to shop. I know that's about all I have at my apt right now and I'm definitely not stopping on the way home (I will go from work to couch at light speed and not look back). I may spice things up with a beer or two, or at least a few drinks of the Blue scotch, though...[p]Hee,
    Cornfed

• BBQfan1
    Options
    Cornfed, You mean to tell me that your NEIGHBOUR, ST, is not going to share the booty?! I simply assumed this was a joint-venture, this pork chop roasting endeavour... Todd, c'mon dude, go over and extend an olive branch of friendship to your pal Mr. Cornfed! (prefereably with a 1lb hunk of roast pork skewered to said olive twig).
    Qfan[p]