Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken & Taters

Options
Fireboy
Fireboy Posts: 26
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here goes my first picture post! This past weekend's cook.

Potatoes and onions in a clay dish w/olive oil.
IMG_4076.jpg

On the egg with cornish hens on top so the juices can drip down!
IMG_4079.jpg

Brats and garlic for good measure.
IMG_4080.jpg

Finished.
IMG_4081.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Fireboy;

man i got to say great way to start out on the picks!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

right out ot the gates you are hitting homeruns :silly:

i have never thought of doing the chicken above the taters (thats how we say it down here :laugh: ) i have one question is that just a planter bottom. or is it a clay cooking vessell? i am only worried about how much heat it can take.... but looks DAAYM GOOD!!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Wasted Words
    Options
    They call me Tater Salad! Got to love Ron White. :laugh:
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Nice pics and good cook. I don't want rain on your parade, but I would be carefull letting chicken fat drop on anything. Sorry, :(

Mike
  • Kew_el_steve
    Options
    carwash mike wrote:
    Nice pics and good cook. I don't want rain on your parade, but I would be carefull letting chicken fat drop on anything. Sorry, :(

Mike

What he said...No sense in getting sick...
  • Fireboy
    Options
    It's just a regular, clay pot lid. It can take the heat!! I use it all the time as a drip pan.
  • Fireboy
    Options
    Mike,

Just make sure your temps are high enough to kill any bugs. ;)

I go the idea from one of those darn cooking shows. In France ,they line the bottom of chicken rotisseries with potaoes to cook and catch all that wonderful flavor.
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    nice!

i got a superstone la cloche the other day at williams & somnoma for $25. the base can be used for stuff like you just did. ;)