Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless Digital Thermometer

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello - I was hoping someone might have some good suggestions about a good wireless thermometer solution for my medium egg. I am ideally looking for something that will give me meat temp, and grill temp.[p]Thanks.

Comments

• KS Cheryl
    Options
    Maverick ET-73 is a good one. Amazon usually has good deals on them. Cheryl
  • KS Cheryl
    Options
    Maverick ET-73 is a good one. Amazon usually has good deals on them. Cheryl
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    Options
    I have had the Maverick 73 for several years and have been very happy with it's performance. My smoker probe went bad last week. Went to the Maverick web site and ordered a new one for 12 bucks. Received it in the mail today. I would say that is good customer service.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I have a Charmglow I picked up at Home Depot for about 30 bucks. It is meat or pit only. Up to about 500 degrees.
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Just got my Maverick ET-73 and doing my first cook with it tonight. Watching the news and monitoring my food and grill temps from the easy chair. Got the recomendation from several people on this post. Payed $39 plus shipping from www.thegadgetsource.com.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I've had 2x Maverick's in about 8 months. Only problem I have with it is both of them kept losing the signal to the receiver after a short period of time...I contacted Maverick and the only recommendation they had was to take the transmitter and receiver a 100ft or so from the house in case my wireless network or weather radio were interferring, sync the two and then set them up as usual...tried it..didnt work..stll loses signal after a while.. :blink:
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Greenee,[p]Hey, You got several answers over in the new beta forum. Just scroll up to the top of this page, and click on the arrow in the green box. They can see your post, but you can't see theirs from here.[p]