Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Food For Thought

WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lard.jpg

Are you happy?

Comments

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Funny but only a spoof apparently created by a British humor (humour?) magazine named "Viz." You can check out the details by Googling "lard information council."
  • WooDoggies
    Well aren't you the buzz killer.... but the question remains......

heeee!
  • As a subscriber since 1993, I can confirm that Viz did indeed create this. You can buy a Tshirt if you like, LOL. Note: Viz is just a bit naughty, so google at your own risk. ;)
    The Naked Whiz
  • Another good Viz Tshirt: "A pint and fight. A great British night!"
    The Naked Whiz
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Crikey - something from my side of the Atlantic.
    Viz was probably responsible for reintroducing the word infeasible to our lingo! Not quite the cult read it was when I was a student in the eighties but I'm sure it's still funny.
    If you are worried about Google - try the Wikipedia entry.
    Glad to hear it's not lost in transaltion!
  • WooDoggies
    Oh, those British and their cheeky sense of humor.

One of my all time favorites.... driving in London around 1994, we saw a full-sized billboard, clear as day that simply stated,

"Got a Stiffy? Get a Jiffy*!"

*Jiffy being a certain brand of prophylactic
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    They are playing off the British love of suet. I saw an article somewhere about the British use of suet earlier in the 20th century. The article had repints of ads touting the health benefits of a diet that included regular portions of suet. Its still available. For example, do a google on "Atora Shredded Suet "
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Good one, Woo.

The Aussies aren't bad at cheeky advertising either.

Seen plastered along the length of a city bus in Melbourne

"Don't Hide the Sausage Tonight"

with a large photo of . . . . a beef and pork sausage, of course (their product).

(playing 'hide the sausage' is a favorite pastime of amorous couples)
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    A little too happy, as a matter of fact.
  • Not for nuttin but my brotha LOG done called me LABD for years, when my poppa finally asked what it meant (I already knew what it meant) he said "Lard Ass Baby **** of course". I seen poppa laugh, which hurt moren the name inn firss place. Can you imagine that, he actually laughed at it rite in fronta me. Lard Ass I could live with...it was the Baby **** what hurt the most...it didn't make matters any better when I done yelled out "well SOMEONES been peeking in the mens room! and stormed off. Somehow that made poppa laugh even more. Let's see...I could have a Lard Ass AND a Baby ****, but him looking in the mens room was funny as all get out!

I hate it...some memories is best left alone where they was...tucked deep inside the brain, never to come out...and that was only one of many....

Thanks Woodoggies
    StumpBaby