Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No knead pizza dough?

Options
Boatman
Boatman Posts: 854
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Having great luck with the no-knead bread recipe...but terrible luck with any kind of pizza dough. Is there a no-knead pizza dough I can try. Thanks....as always.

Comments

• Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    Well we get ours from the local pizza joint. :) I don't have any idea on how to make any kind of dough. Good luck and I am sure others will help.

Lazydog B)
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    what kind of problems are you having? also what kind of equitment do you have? if you have a stand mixer with a dough hook you are unstoppable. if you do not have a mixer with a dough hook then you are proabably not kneading it enough.i guess that's why you want a no knead pizza recepie.... but sorry i looked several places and could not find one. but maybe i can help with the problems you are having

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Boatman:

I agree with Lazydog. Get a few doughs from your favorite pizzaria first. I did and my 2nd and 3rd pizza'a where great. I was worried that they wouldn't want to sell doughs but it wasn't a big deal no questions asked. The other day I got a dough and an antipasto and we were good to go. After you made a few good pizzas then try the dough.
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    Thanks for the offer to help. I have no equipment....I guess that's part of the problem. I was just looking for an easy way to make the dough, since I have had great success with the bread. I think I'll take everyones advice and get some from my local pizzeria. I'll post the results.....thanks.
  • Wonka
    Wonka Posts: 68
    Options
    Bente - what recipe do you use with a Kitchenaid stand mixer? Currently we use a hand-knead recipe from a cookbook and the results are only so-so. Thanks!
  • db
    db Posts: 37
    Options
    I've tried it a few times with good results.
    Use your No Knead recipie. After the long resting period, dump the dough onto your work surface and coat your hands with oil. Fold the dough a few times until it holds together and coat it with oil. Place it in the middle of a sheet of parchment paper and, using your fingertips, start pushing the dough gently out from the center until it you've spread it into a large circle. The dough will stick to the paper but don't worry, it will release after it's cooked. Slide the dough and parchment onto the egg. Cook it until the top of the dough sets up. Remove the crust and add your toppings. I like pulled pork, LC's sauce (not a sweet bbq sauce), pepperoni, and provalone. Finish cooking until the cheese has melted.
    WARNING: Experimenting with new pizza techniques can cause an alarming rise in body fat!
    Good luck.
    db