Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib Success

Options
Retread
Retread Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have done okay ribs in the past, but not exceptional. I think the light bulb finally went on. I followed the technique suggested in this previous post and cooked the ribs patiently until they achieved the proper doneness as determined by the bend method, which I had never paid attention to before. The cook went as follows: Egg set up was, inverted plate setter with drip pan. Trimmed the slab to St. Louis style, had the advantage of my Guru for temp control. Plugged temperature probe to the dome thermometer and set temp at 250. Got the ribs on at about 9:00 a.m., spritzed with apple juice and flipped at 1:00, spritzed and flipped again at 2:00, checked again at 2:30 and they were almost ready based on the bend test. I sauced at this point and went 30 more minutes pulling the ribs at 3:00. I double foiled and coolered them for a couple hours while I prepared the rest of the meal. The results were easily my best. I was a happy camper.

http://www.greeneggers.net/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=380585&catid=1#380585

Comments