Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brunswick Stew Recipe

Options
Chef Arnoldi
Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quite often you have several meats left over e.g. Chicken, Shreded pork, Shreded beef - this will make the perfect stew.[p]3lbs of shreded meat
1 bay leaf
1/8 teasp black pepper
1 1/2 teasp salt
2 potatoes peeled & cubed into bite size (1/2" approx)
1 32oz can italian peeled tomatoes chopped draining juices into a pot
2 med onions medium chopped
1 pkg 10oz frozen corn niblets or a can.
1 pkg 10oz frozen lima beans (optional)
1 pkg 10oz frozen okra.
1/2 teasp crushed pepper.
1 green bell pepper seeded & chopped inti 1/2" slices.
1 tablsp white vinegar.
1 tablsp worchestershire sauce.
2 quarts water.[p]place all ingredients in a large pot & bring to a boil on medium high setting, then reduce heat when boiling & allow to simmer for 1 1/2 hours, until flavors are blended.
remove bay leaf & adjust flavors with salt, pepper, hot sauce or additional "liquid smoke" if desired.
this makes a hearty cool weather meal.[p](note: i just made this dish from chicken that i used to make chicken soup from. The meat was shreded off the bones & i used liquid smoke for the extra flavor.)

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Chef Arnoldi,[p]You are hitting home with this fella. I love B Stew and have several recipes I have collected over the years. Looks like I now have yet another one to try.[p]Thanks for the contrbution.[p]Bob