Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for ribs...

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I visited this site back in October or November and found a great posting on how to do ribs, along with photos, but did not print it out and have been unable to find it again. If you posted that particular method, you will recall that it had instructions for using fire brick to slow down the heat, and it called for removing the ribs for some period of time and leaving them in tin foil. The pictures showed the preparation stage, cooking, finished ribs, and the bones after they were enjoyed. Sound familiar? Drop me a note if you can help me get this method/recipe for great ribs.

Comments

• davidm
    davidm Posts: 64
    Options
    MPeace,[p]You want to go to Tim M's wonderful site. The link is below. There's also a thread from earlier, just a few posts down.[p]Cheers![p]David[p]
  • davidm
    davidm Posts: 64
    Options
    MPeace,[p]The link didn't take. The URL is http://www.tm52.com/bge/

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    MPeace,
    If Tim's wasn't the site you remembered look at Gfw's site. It also has other methods and recpies.
    http://yyyz.net/bge/default.asp

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MPeace,
    I have a Large BGE and have had it for a few years. I looked at the photos from the mentioned link and noticed a grill that sits on the top of the fire box. I did not get this grill or any fire bricks with my egg. Are they both items that can be ordered directly from BGE, or after market items that have just evolved? Please advise.

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Seth Howard,[p]fire bricks are definetly after market items. You should be able to get them from a local brickyard or a home improvement place. Another option is to order them over the internet from Rutland. Be sure to get a mixture of split and whole bricks ( I have 4 full and 4 splits). [p]For the secondary grill, you can go few different ways. You can order a grill with feet, from BGE. Or, you can purchase a weber or other brand grill and set it up on the firebricks. I also think that someone used 4 carriage bolts, nuts and washers to make legs for a secondary grill.[p]
    Hope this answers your questions,
    --Kevin

• Seth
    Seth Posts: 79
    Options
    Ca_rnivore,[p]Does this sit directly on the fire ring?[p]
  • Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Seth ,[p]For both setups, it's basically the main grill in it's normal position, then stuff stacked on top to get your food farther from the burning coals.[p]If you go to the top of the forums main page, you can click on the what's new banner and there's several pictures of the BGE grill with legs.[p]For the fire brick setup, there's a nice overhead picture on The Naked Whiz's website at http://www.geocities.com/thenakedwhiz/spatch.htm. [p]--Kevin