Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time(s) for wings

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doing several pounds of wings today... How long should they marinade?[p]How long and at what temps should I be grilling them? [p]I was planning on going direct, is that the right choice?[p]Simple questions, I know, but I haven't actually done wings in the egg yet.[p]Thanks in advance
Matt.

Comments

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Hey Matt,[p]Wings make for some great conversation on this site and I'm sure you'll get some great info. I start by cutting the drum off the flapper and trimming most of the excess skin off both peices. I marinade my wings overnight. You don't have to do this, an hour or 2 if your cooking them today is okay. I always cook mine direct at about 225 or so. I flip every 8-10 minutes. Onr thing I do is close off my bottom damper when flipping, then open it back up after you shut the lid. Gives you more time to flip them wangs without flare ups.[p]Have a good time.[p]Oh yeah, about 40 minutes should do it.
    You can kick the temp up the last 10 minutes or so to get them more black. That's how I prefer them.[p]Mick