Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Does size matter?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just sold my Weber gas grill and getting ready to order my first egg. Any recommendations for a novice concerning which size to get - standard or large?

Comments

• Mark G
    Mark G Posts: 39
    Options
    TexasBlue,[p]I'm not touching this one![p]Mark G[p]BTW- Mine's a large one, but I hear you can still please a lot of people with a smaller one. Still talkin Eggs here.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    TexasBlue,
    Get a large unless you can think of some overriding reason that you can't get one. You haven't told us what is important to you, but unless there is something unusual about your situation, I think you will find the large the best choice. Get something smaller and someday you will find yourself in a position where you need a large.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    I had the same problem, I got the large as suggested by the forum. When I purchased mine, the price difference was not that much between the medium and large, there was a bigger price difference between the small and medium. [p]I now have a large, medium and mini. The large is still my favorite because of the room inside. They will all cook great for you so try to determine your needs and your price range. Don't forget that you will need some extra's, thermometer,grill gripper and such, these will add to the cost.
    Good luck to ya,
    New Bob

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    TexasBlue,[p]If I had more expendable cash right now (I own a Large and a Mini) I would buy another large without hesitation!
    My two cents worth[p]Carey

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    What does a larege and medium egg cost in your area????
    New Bob

• New Bob,[p]If price isn't a consideration, get the large. You get the most flexibility from 15 lb+ turkeys to a couple of steaks. You won't be sorry.[p]TT
  • LasVegasMac
    LasVegasMac Posts: 183
    Options
    TexasBlue,
    You won't go wrong with a large. For example, I am doing 4 chicken breasts right now on my large. Obviously a large is not needed for that. But I have also done 3 whole chickens at once. One large turkey - about 18 pounds. You get the picture.[p]LVM