Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cooking ribs ahead and reheating question

orion11orion11 Posts: 140
edited 12:23PM in EggHead Forum
Would like to cook some ribs, 3-1-1 method probably, Sunday morning and then either keep them warm for a couple 3 hours or reheat them later for the game at my brother in laws. Would it be better to finish the cook, wrap in foil, and plan on reheating in the oven or would it be better to try and keep them warm in a cooler for that amount of time? Thought if I put a little apple juice in the foil packets, maybe I could get away with gently reheating them in the oven later? Geez, I'm gonna have to buy him an Egg so I can just cook over there when we have these get togethers at their house!! Thanks in advance for the tips.

Comments

• I have a favorite BBQ joint I frequent, and they serve pretty good ribs. In order to have them available all the time to their customers, they have warming ovens. The keep them wrapped in foil at a temperature of 157° for a day or more.

My oven only sets down to only 170° but for your time frame, I'd think it would keep them warm without continuing the cook, and they would taste just great.

I'm going to try it next time too.

Hope this helps