Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WMK WPB and the StumpBaby Ban

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HELLO!

I thought I'd say a few words bout what happened the other night, after givin it some thought.....

I've been postin on this here forum for 6+ years, and right from the start, very few were even egg related, some were totally uninteresting except to me, most were probably borderline, but not a single one was ever meant (intentionally) to offend anybody (OK, there was ONE time where I told someone he was entering a battle of wits unarmed, but if I recall correctly, he made fun of me first).

Sure, I'm twisted. I have (at most times) a sophomoric sense of humor. I sometimes tend to ramble. I've posted a poum bout tater tots for Lawn Ranger, a semi twisted and hard to follow poum to Stike (I think it was him) the day he stood a little too close to his egg and felt some heat south of the border, a long serious poum to CitizenQ the night he went off on someone in a big way and was tellin that man what to do with his bad self in no uncertain terms, a top ten list of why I hate winter, I've had folks post photos of me on here dressed as elvis with really really tight pants showing a painfull delineation of two goober grapes south of the border, and the famous photo of me dressed as Wonder Woman with a giant extra tall hairdo and huge golden metallic breasts that glistened in the sun like high fructose corn syrup, I posted a story once about my vasectomy that took 2 posts to hold the entire thing it was so doggoned big, I posted *twice* (as if once weren't good enough) the story about a certain easter bonnet that I mistakenly knocked off the back of the toilet and into the bowl when I sat down and then, unknowingly defiled it, I've told dirty jokes (did you hear about the guy with five weiners? His pants fit like a glove!), I've posted silly little songs that I made up in my head, once I even helped someone with somethin egg related, I'm almost sure of it!

Despite all that, or maybe because of it (who am I to know) I have been accepted here all this time, for what I am, a Stump. A few posts along the way have been deleted, I can understand and accept that. I've made a lot of "friends" on here over the 6+ years, some I met in person and some I haven't. I've been to two eggfests and lost some underwear in at least one of them, but brought home a thong from the naked whiz at one too, that makes it even I think, I have a Stumpbaby mascot that's been to two eggfests with me and sits here next to my computer, I had an inflatable sheep complete with lipstick and a nice little red bow that made it to one eggfest with me and didn't make it back, simply because I gave it to MollyShark, bless her fine self.

A few years back the mailman came to my door with a long traingular box, inside a shiny new Lawn Ranger meat flipper complete with StumpBaby written right across it. I did not order it, the man took time out of his own busy schedule, time he spent away from his family, plus the raw materials from his workshop, made it for me, and sent it to me free of charge, out of the blue, bless him. In all this time I haven't used it once, simply because it's a work of art. I hope he doesn't mind, but it hangs here next to my computer for me to enjoy. I have one of the original Lawn Ranger grid lifters that I bought from him years ago and I've been using ever since. That thing has spent many years hanging out near my eggs, exposed to the elements all this time, and it's still as good today as it was the day I bought it from him. I have even exposed my inner most self and posted a serious story about my grandparents on my dads side and how they died, this in response to someone (please forgive me for fogetting who) that posted about their relatives who recently died in an accident. I like to think that I helped them with their grief, by posting that. I know it helped me with mine, even after all this time.

Folks have learned to turn me off, tune me out, never look at a single post I make. That's fine too. It's all good.

In general, over time, these folks have accepted me for who and what I am, they laugh at me, they laugh with me, but by the large they have accepted me. I thank those who enjoy reading my posts and respond, and also those who don't but don't feel the need to make negative comments to me.

If this is the time that the powers that be, say I can no longer post my silliness on here, then so be it. I'll accept that. I don't make any apologies for my posts, none whatsoever, I am what I am, I do what I do, period. There are other places for me to get these silly thoughts out of my head if I need to. Lord knows they can't stay inside me, less I really go nuts.

For what its worth though, that post was tame compared to many others I've written over the years. Heck, I sent that same post that got me banned PLUS the much worse one I wrote the week prior to that, to both my folks last night, and got back an email sayin they thought it was "very very funny". Not trying to toot my own horn, or sayin that my folks are twisted too, just tryin to point out that it's all relative. I come from a family that can appreciate it for what it is, something to simply laugh at. I consider them normal, regular good old american folks that don't take them selves too seriously, and I love them deeply for passing that down to me. I would not have it any other way.

It was painful to watch this forum the other night. Not the act of banning me, heck I thought that was done in jest at first, but all the negativity surrounding it surprised me. That totally goes against what this place used to be all about and was embarrasing. Folks, this is a forum, it's not life and death, it's about eggs, good food, photos, sharing thoughts about all kinda things. It's on topic, it's off topic, its chicken, its cows, its pigs, its fish, its friends, and sometimes its even veggies, or at least it used to be...

Peace,
StumpBaby

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Thanks, mang!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    May there be peace in our valley. Welcome back, Paul!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Welcome Back Stump. Think there were errors all around but glad to see you post. The bugs will be worked out soon and I guess policy's set. I for one am never offended as I probably lived half the s@#t you dreamed up. Glad to see you here and hope you are too.
    Pat (also warped sense of humor) Poolman
  • citychicken
    Options
    hey i never met you, but enjoy the silliness of your posts. don't know what happened with your ban and frankly don't care. good that you are back and posting again.

btw, glad to see the alphabet boys (wmk and wpb) back too.

happy eggin
    mark
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Well said, Stump. We know where you're comin' from and we don't want ya' going anywhere. Hope to cross paths with you sometime, friend.........
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Nice to see you post stump,

I really glad to see your post, I think you are the only one who's posts are longer than mine.

However, the first part of your post is pretty hmmm not sure what word to use...

I sure missed a lot in the last 6+ years wish I knew about eggs back then, cuz I wouldn't have missed all those thoughts.

I see your name is in black, hope you are back on regular status.

I for one enjoy your posts, even though once in a while it seems to be like the lug nuts on the wheels arn't completly tight... Heck who am I to talk.

The posts do indeed make me laugh.

My best, Kent
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    StumpBaby wrote:
    Folks, this is a forum, it's not life and death, it's about eggs, good food, photos, sharing thoughts about all kinda things. It's on topic, it's off topic, its chicken, its cows, its pigs, its fish, its friends, and sometimes its even veggies, or at least it used to be...
    Well said. Especially the first sentence.

There has been a lot of bad crap the last year or so. I don't remember any of the flame wars in years past as bad as the bad blood this last year.

Someone nailed it the other day. There are a lot more folks here these days. That is a good thing and what we say we want. To share and spread the word about the Egg and what an absolute fantastic cooker it is.....the best there is out there. Now we are seeing that as people discover it and our little corner of the internet and sometimes those "outsiders" (I do not mean that they are when I say that but that is how sometimes they have been treated) don't get treated the way they should.

That should change.

I remember that post about your grandparents.

I think someone here may be having a coronary seeing this many words from you in a row that make sense too LOL

What ya cooking this weekend?
  • Never Summer
    Options
    Hey StumpBaby,

Nice post. I'm too new to this forum to comment on many of your previous posts, but I enjoy what I've seen of your writing. If someone doesn't care for it they don't have to click on your posts...keeps the forum interesting.

Patty
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    well said stump, you almost brought a tear to my eye . . .but then i remembered. ..you are a STUMP .. . so i'm thinking you probably had one of those "ghost writers helping you, given that everything was spelled right and all. ... i'm thinking the fuzzy little missus maybe. ...

but in all seriousness, where would this forum be without the stump??. . .you are part of the character of this forum, the spirit, the fun. . .there is nobody i miss more than you when you have been on your long hiatuses. . .i ALWAYS look forward to your posts, and you know i love when i get an email from you that says "its not right, its just not right", and i immediately know that i have go over to the forum to see what you are talking about. ..

yep, there is just know one quite like the stump. . .MY FRIEND!!!

DSCN0204.jpg
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    Options
    Count me as the one the ones that never say anything, but have always enjoyed your posts.

I think that if you didn't exist you would have to be invented.

Post on, Stump, post on.

Big T
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Remove the size=1024 from the img tag and it should work. I don't know why that breaks it but it seems to if the size > 499.
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I think this photo makes it pretty clear that a Stump is pretty harmless:

wd04_049.jpg
    The Naked Whiz
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    here's the stump. ...

Stumps_shirt.jpg

how could we ban this poor pathetic wretch????
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    -DELETED-
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    dats cause he was laughing and trying to figure why fart sounds kept coming out from under his hat!!! ...
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Paul,
    You know where I stand. You are my friend right or wrong. I remember when you first came on the forum, and I always thought that you created a levity that this forum needed and still does.
    Those folks who take exception to your humor or called it obscene or filthy are entitled to their opinion, and while I respect their opinions,it does not mean that I have to agree with them.
    I also believe that as others have stated, that their are a lot on new eggheads whom have never been exposed to your posts and don't understand it. They'll learn that the posts are what they are-Harmless and Funny!
    I hope that you will continue to post because to see you go away is our loss!
    Your Friend!
    Mitch
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Welcome back Stump Things are working themselves out.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    There are indeed some "colorfull" folks on this forum. You being one of them. I like. Some people might thank I'm trying to act a little stuped with my gramer and spelling. Well folks it an't no act. Got me one of those college degrees but still can't spell or make complete sentences! Sides who am I to talk bad about any one. Least of all you.I post half my pics with Jake the parrot Heck I had to cancle a bread on the Egg how to I said I was going to do on account of ropping a sick cow and nearley destroying my 4 wheeler while the Egg was heating up. Right now got a moma heffer tyed up so her new baby can suck (can I say "suck"?) that she is rejecting and my horse kicked me in the hand earler cause she was cold, mad, and watching wifes horse eat and I wouldn't let her steal. Big mistake on her part! :laugh: Any way I ramble but it takes all kinds and hope everyone settles down. I am a realitive newbe but have learned a lot but there does seem to be a lot more controversy on this forum. I'm a member of several Harley tech forums and they do not seem to be as contriversal. Guess most of us there are alittle rougher around the edges so to speak and not as intouch with our feelings! ;) Anyway Jakes said: "Why can't we all be friends and cook some non parrot form of animal meat?" NEW08063.jpg
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i enjoyed your post of last thursday [french cruller] so much i printed it out at the office to take home for my sons to read [i was afraid it would be deleted before i got home]. i am glad to see your post tonight, in the midst of this and the karma stuff i decided not to offer my suggestion but will do so now.... if need be, perhaps, if you cannot post here, someone associated with the forum would host your essays and you could post a link. i though it was borderline genius and admire people like you and stike as i have no creative ability, hell, i can barely play the radio. kind of wish i had been around long enough and printed out all your posts it would make a good book.
    bill
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Bill,
    Stump has every post he ever made on the forum. Send him an e-mail and I know that he would comply with your request unless he has done away with them.
    Hammer
  • Max,

Doh! Max, I should have mentioned you in my post. I remember having a really bad back pain episode, I hadn't posted in a long while due to the pain when sitting at the computer. One day a small package arrived out of the blue. I opened it up and found that shirt inside. If I remember correctly, you and Spawn were out somewhere, saw the shirt, thought of me, bought it and sent it. I laffed my butt off when I opened that package, at a time when I really needed too, and I thank you and Spawn for that. The fart machine at the eggfest, lord knows those people next to me looked over more than once. I think they were afraid. You've been a good friend max, I appreciate the few times we've hung out together at eggfests, all the offline emails, the online banter..etc.

Stumpbaby
  • Max,

Doh! Max, I should have mentioned you in my post. I remember having a really bad back pain episode, I hadn't posted in a long while due to the pain when sitting at the computer. One day a small package arrived out of the blue. I opened it up and found that shirt inside. If I remember correctly, you and Spawn were out somewhere, saw the shirt, thought of me, bought it and sent it. I laffed my butt off when I opened that package, at a time when I really needed too, and I thank you and Spawn for that. The fart machine at the eggfest, lord knows those people next to me looked over more than once. I think they were afraid. You've been a good friend max, I appreciate the few times we've hung out together at eggfests, all the offline emails, the online banter..etc.

Stumpbaby
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    some things are just meant to be my friend . . i'll never forget me and spawn walking in the store, seeing that shirt and we looked at each other and said, in unison, we HAVE to buy that and send it to stump . . .

i ALWAYS enjoy our emails. .. .

don't ever stop doin what you do ....
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Ya know Stump, even if you were permanently banned here, you would surface somewhere and we would find you. You are special. -RP
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    hammer,
    thank you, i think i will do that.
    bill
  • Wasted Words
    Options
    Stump,
    One of the first post I read in this forum back in September was yours. As first I thought, what is going on here, is this some kind of cult? Then I read your subsequent post and always found tremendous humor in them. Keep up the great work. Diversity keeps things growing... B)
  • Hammer,

Thank you friend. Those are kind words indeed. We've never met in person, but have been exchanging emails and forum threads for 6+ years now, on and off. I remember your diatribe about the great cork vs.screwcap wine bottle stopper debate. You've helped many people on here over the time, whether its through wine pairings on board, or testing out new egg gizmoes off. You've been on and off the board same as I have, but there's a little pearl of wisdom in your post. I have been mostly offline for a while recently, and as many of ya'll know, due to my back problems I've been heavily medicated as of late, and believe it or not, that's when I can't do stumpbaby postin any real justice. I can't say my pain is completely gone, but I'm off all my meds now, and I started posting again, and in tween the time I stopped posting and now there have been a lot of new folks join, folks that, as you pointed out aren't used to seeing me post and have been taken aback at what they read.

They should know now, that I'm just a plain old stump and as many pointed out I'm harmless, and as many others have pointed out, there's an effort to reading a stumpbaby post, it starts with a single click, click if you want to read, don't click if you don't. It really is that simple.

Your Friend,
    Stump
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    as one of the family. I, for one, hope this gets put behind us soon. WMK and crew have been under a lot of pressure and I believe they may have over-reacted to that infamous post.

I hope you continue to post for as long as the locals let you live up there in New Hampshire.

I honestly think some of the "OT:" posts are more offensive than any of your stuff.

There now, I feel better.