Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks TRex and The Naked Whiz

Options
KC
KC Posts: 91
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I TRexed 10 thick ribeyes for family and friends last Saturday and they were a big hit. Everyone agreed they were as good as those you get in any top notch steak house. I gave both of you credit so your legend continues to grow -- even among non-eggers.
My family and friends wanted me to pass along their thanks to TRex for inventing the process and to The Naked Whiz for the great explanation on his website. THANKS GUYS !!!!

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Glad your company enjoyed the steaks - I hope you took most of the credit as you were the cook, but thank you for the kind words.

Cheers,

TRex
  • Mad Piper
    Options
    I'd like to chime in as well. I used your technique last night on a T-bone for the wife and I and she loved it. It was more rare then she'd usually prefers but no complaints about that! In fact we tussled over the bone it was so good.

Thanks guys!

Bill
  • Mad Piper
    Options
    I'd like to chime in as well. I used your technique last night on a T-bone for the wife and I and she loved it. It was more rare then she'd usually prefers but no complaints about that! In fact we tussled over the bone it was so good.

Thanks guys!

Bill
  • Mad Piper
    Options

Thanks guys!

Bill
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. On correction, the narrative is Trex's. I only "make it pretty", which probably means "make it look like the rest of the website," LOL! Trex is the source of the material and the source of the impetus to keep it updated. (I wonder if Trex is going to do a page on no knead bread! :) )
    The Naked Whiz
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    I would think that he would first consider whether or not there's a knead.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    Oh for the love of humanity! :laugh: Where's that negative karma button? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (I can't believe I didn't think of it before you!)
    The Naked Whiz