Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Tri-Tip juices

BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
edited 2:33AM in EggHead Forum
I cooked a 2.5 lb tri-tip the other day for my wife and parents. I T-Rex'd 2 minutes per side then brought the temperature down to 350 on a indirect set-up and cooked to an internal temp of 130. I wanted it medium rare. When done I let it sit for several minutes then cut it for dinner. The texture was perfect. The taste was perfect. Each cut was perfectly done. The only problem was the large amount of red juices that filled all of our plates after we each got our cut. Now for me this wasn't a huge deal but for my dad who likes his steaks a little more done I could tell he didn't like the site of all that red juice.

What can I do in the future to keep this from happening?

• BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Double-wrap in HDfoil, wrap in towels and keep warm in the oven [not a heated oven] for at least 30 minutes... preferably longer.

Give the juices time to redistribute.

You'll still have some juices... but you'll solve some of your problem.

Tri-tip is my favorite cut

~ Broc
  • Well, the easiest thing would be not to let him see it.
  • I like to cut them up into steaks and Trex. Did one as roast it was good to.