Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

DigiQ ll

pop-a- toppop-a- top Posts: 184
edited 9:03AM in EggHead Forum
Broke down and ordered the DigiQ ll. Hope it keeps the fire going better on the brisket cooks have had trouble with temps by morning

Comments

• JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I love mine. On my medium if I fill the Egg up 1 inch above the top of fire box (1 inch into ring) and stabilize at 265 with the "Q" running 20% and damper on blower between 1/4 and 1/8 open, it will be at 60% or so 9 hrs later when I get up and still 265. That tells me if it wasn't for "Q" watching things my Egg would have cooled. How much I do not know cause never done an overnight w/o frequent checks w/o "Q". By the way ran 12 hrs. at 265 then kicked it up to 325 for 2 more for baked beans but lump was shot after that. Also no peaking or you will kill cook time. NEW08028.jpg NEW08036.jpg
  • Wish it was here to try it out.