Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Updates to Trex Steak web page

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trex has updated the Trex Steak web page with some new photos, additions and clarifications. If you are interested, you will find it at this link:

Trex Steak Method
The Naked Whiz

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    That's good. I read it through and like it better than the first one because now I can afford to eat steak LOL.

Spring "Un-Primed And Steak-Hungry" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I'll admit that I was initially very skeptical of TRex's use of brown mustard on NY strips. That is, until I tried it. I won't do them without it now...you can have my Gulden's when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers!!

The only modifications I've made have been to either forego the salt on one side or to just lightly salt and to light my fire from then bottom. I light from the top on low-n-slow cooks, but I want the fire to convect upward for my volcanic sears. Other than these two peronal tweaks, Trex's method is what I use and plan to use for the foreseeable future.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    It reads really well, and great pics too. Thanks Whiz for hosting and helping, and thanks Jason for sharing the new adjustments to this technique!
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Yeah..much better reading and really professional looking pix. Nice job and thanks for the update!
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Beautiful job with this version. Reads easy and now I have a better idea about using my new Mini once I get back to CA.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Thanks again, Doug. Looks great!

jason
  • eatbbq
    eatbbq Posts: 81
    Options
    Makes me want to grab a striploin out of the freezor, shovel off the foot and a half of snow on the egg and fire it up. But since it is still -15F outside, I think I will just look at these great pictures and dream of a steak.