Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Egg-headed Big Idea?

Options
Pharmeggist
Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Fellow Eggers,
Earlier today I got a statement in my mail for my company 401k plan that I am contributing to. Needless to say I lost some money. Anyway, I was thinking I wish Big Green headquarters would offer common stock for sale. With all the egg-heads here on this forum we could buy a piece of the company as shareholders and as egg owners. Wouldn't that be cool B) Anyway, just a thought! Oh well, I am going to fire up the egg with the statement... joke :side:
~Pharmeggist

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    That isn't going to make up for your losses. Many of us would like some stock in the company but, at this point I would not be looking to invest in BGE, I would be looking to buy more of the preferred stock at bargain prices in some of the big companies that I know should weather this little storm. Buy low sell high.

My 2¢ worth.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I heard (not confirmed ) that Pinch-A Penny Pool stores made an offer to buy them about 7-8 years ago but were turned down. While a well run franchise I'm glad it was.
    They are still dealers but like things the way they are.

Pat
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Options
    Unfortunately as soon as they would go public, the stockholders would demand they lose the warranty, would want the price increased, would want more profit by cheapening the construction, and on and on and on.

It would be your worst nightmare, Best we pray it doesn't happen.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    The problem I see, is that a certain individual has his own winery. He starts to buy so much stock that he has the biggest share. We then have hostile takeovers lowing the price of the stock. Even if it goes up and he over pays, he has a plan. To make his money back, he then private labels Boone's Farm and charges $75 a bottle. Requiring a 2 bottle minimun purchase on every egg. :woohoo:

Mike
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    There are a lot of advantages for a company remaining privately owned rather than having to deal with stockholders; board of directors etc;. There are advantages in going public as long as you retain the majority shares. Infusion of money; entry into many markets previously unaffordable etc; etc;.

If the BGE did decide to go public; I for one would buy stock based on their past performance;their plans for the future; the company who acquired them and the acquiring companies current track record in the market place.

Hammer
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    From what I heard (still unconfirmed) that was the deal breaker. Also heard the offer was very generous. Glad the mothership did not give up control.
    Pat