Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Polder (write in for new features)

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All.....
Last Saturday I was slummin' around the cooking area of Linen n' Things and found the new Polder that monitors meat AND external (grid) temps. It works very well. I think the cost was $27.00 or so. I got an idea for additional functionality for the polder in regards to monitoring the grid temps. I emailed polder ( info@polderinc.com ) with my suggestion. The email is shown below. I welcome all of your opinions and if you think it's a good idea, maybe email polder with the same request. If they get enough positive requests for this option, maybe they'll build some!!!![p]............Here's the email I sent to Polder......[p]Hello,
I just purchased your latest remote thermometer, the one that also monitors grid (oven) temps along with internal meat temps. I think it works very well as it helps me monitor my hard wood fire at meat level for long, low temp bbq cooks (like hickory smoking a pork shoulder for 16 hours at 225F). I use your products in my Big Green Egg smoker.[p]The additional feature I would like to see is to be able to to set the external temp alarm in a range. That is, I could set the external temp alarm to go off if the grid temps get either too low or too high. For example, if I wanted to smoke a pork shoulder at 225F, I could set the minimum external temp alarm to sound at 185F (fire might be going out) and set the maximum external temp alarm to sound at 275F (smoker vents need to be adjusted).[p]I am sure this would be a very popular item especially with the very large number of low and slow bbq cooks out there.[p]I look forward to your response.[p]Respectfully Yours,[p]Jeff Irish[p]...............End of Email...............[p]Have a great day everyone!!
lns

Comments