Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Egg Fest (Times)

Options
Pork Butt Mike
Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know what time to show up and things start on the first day (Friday). Also this is our first time, is there anything we should bring or do. Thanks for any feed back. Happy Egging.

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Pork Butt Mike,
    I'm not sure about Friday as I missed it last year.
    It was my first time last year we arrived early at the park and they were still setting things up, we helped a little bit and that was nice. Celtic Wolf was there and all set up with I think 12 eggs all fired up and ready, so I don't think you can be to early Saturday. OK Celtic Wolf only had 4 eggs!!!!
    Quite a few people brought there own eggs and many cooked on there new eggs as I did.
    You will need to bring all cooking tools that you will need if you are cooking. Food to cook,some method to start a fire,paper plates,toothpicks for serving food, paper towels,spices,rubs,sauces,cooler,Ice,beverages,small serving platter,folding chairs,camera,knife,Giant appetite.
    I will be cooking up some gator sausage/biscuits and haven't decided what else.
    KayNOcook and I had a great time and we are excited about this year.
    Looking forward to meeting you.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    Jim,

Very nice list. There will be lots of Set-up activity going on most of the day on Friday. I think the meet and greet starts at 6:00 PM.

Luke "LazyDog"
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    Egret,

Thanks for posting the link. Looks like I need to print the schedule because I got the start time wrong. But I will be there early working on whatever Qbabe tells me to....

Lazydog
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Thanks for getting the word out...!
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Awwww! You're such a good helper!
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    Don't tell anybody!!! I try to live up to my name

"Lazy"Dog B)
  • BBQonJ
    BBQonJ Posts: 60
    Options
    We are coming the first time this year as well and are planning on the Meet and Greet. We would appreciate some input on what we might want to bring for that part of the fest as well.

Right now we are not planning to cook. Do I understand right that we don't need to bring an egg if we were to plan on cooking?

Any advice on how all this works would be appreciated.
  • Lazydogsaloon
    Options
    Correct you do not need to bring your Egg on Friday if you are not cooking. As to what you need is kinda of up to you. The Meet and Greet is just that, a bunch of nice folks standing around talking about how the BGE changes their views on food.

If you have any questions at all just walk up and ask someone. Here a few names to seek out for any help you may need.

Lazdog
    2Bossy!
    Wardster
    Scotty's Inferno
    Qbabe
    QBH

v/r
    Lazydog B)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your feed back. It helps out a lot. Looking forward meeting everyone also. Happy Egging.