Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating ABT's

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the friday before the superbowl we are having a football munchy day at work. I was thinking about bringing ABT's. Just wondering if they reheat well? If so whats the best method oven or microwave?

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I've reheated in both. The flavor was good but the peppers got soft.

Pat
  • ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    Options
    They're not nearly as good when reheated in my opinion. The peppers get soft and the bacon loses it's crispyness. I'd use an oven instead of a microwave. Personally I like to bring fatties in to office potlucks b/c they keep better and can be eaten cold, hot or at room temp. You can jazz them up by stuffing the insides w/ cheese & peppers too. Just a suggestion.
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Oh well ABT's are 0 for 2. I'm glad I asked. Fatties sound good. I was thinking wings after. the first negative to ABT's. Both would be a first cook on the egg. I've made wings on the weber but never a fatty. I'm not afraid a virgin run... Plus I have time for test run. Any other suggestions?
  • TMac
    TMac Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm a new comer to the forum and have lots of questions....This one:

What does 'ABT' stand for?

Thanks,
    Terry McManus
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    hehe...Atomic Buffalo Turd...by the way...the glossary button at the left has them and other common terms listed ;)