Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pork tenderloin and pineapple kabobs

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,738
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pork tenderloin and pineapple kabobs, marinated the tenderloin chunks wit 2 tbl soy, 1 tbl fish sauce, 1 tbl sugar, a bunch of cilantro, 1 tsp pepper, 5 cloves garlic and enough water to make a paste in the food processor. 2.5 hours in the marinade. 500 direct on the lower grill to char the exterior. sweet chili garlic sauce poured on afterwards

100_1716.jpg

100_1721.jpg
·

Comments

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    As usual, your cooks look great!
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    That's fabulous! Gonna try it for sure! Looks like you used fresh pineapple. Was the chili sauce prepared or did you put it together?

Thanks, Rascal
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,738
    i got the chili garlic sauce from the asian market near me, seems those places sell for about a third the cost of a regular supermarket. you simmer down a cup of sugar with a half cup of white vinegar, half cup of water, a tsp salt, 3 or 4 big cloves of garlic roughly chopped into a light syrup, pour into a bowl and add 1 to 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce and let cool on the counter.
    ·
  • I think I will try that on my next pork loin. It looks really good.Tonight, however, the loin gets butterflied.
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Nice!
    ·