Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother Nature's Cooler

Options
jake42
jake42 Posts: 932
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Finally made crab cakes from scratch yesterday, unfortunately got too late of a start to fire up the Egg so I had to do them inside..came out good though can't wait to Egg that recipe. Not today though. Got the chicken on, utilizing Mother Nature's cooler for the beer and all is well. Man i love cookin' in the elements.
crabin.jpg
Cooler.jpg

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Everything looks nice an chilly there! Is that an induction cooktop you've got there underneath the crab cakes? I've been researching some possible candidates and would surely welcome your feedback if it is indeed an induction top.

Thanks,
  • jake42
    Options
    Actually it's a radiant cook top. That's about as far as I go with it. The wife picked it out. I know that it works as good as or better than the old electric stove that it replaced. Has a few more bells and whistles as far as burner size options and warmer areas. I think Inducton surfaces cost more. Anyway, never meant a whole lot to me . If there is no smoke and fire involved I'm pretty indifferent. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.
  • jake42
    Options
    Chicken's done. I love those Price Chopper pre cut fresh drummettes. Now lets see what's going on with this next game tonight.

donechix.jpg
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, Jake. I'll continue on with the researching...

The wings looked good, too!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Beanie-Bean,

We had a fire last year and I'm putting Induction is the new kitchen. I had decided on the Wolf two burner with super heat on the large element. We are going to look at another manufacturer this week through Direct Buy. I can let you know if you like.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON