Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stage 1 of No-Knead: Complete

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just thought I'd give an update. First 10 hour rise of the dough is complete. Here is what it looked like:

1-19-08_noknead_1_web.jpg

And then stirred back down:

1-19-08_noknead_2_web.jpg

Tomorrow we'll have crusty bread!

Cheers,

TRex

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    yep thats what mine looked like see broc told us it was easy ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• TRex
    Options
    Yeah, it doesn't get much easier.

Changing up a couple things this time:

1) Using bread flour instead of all-purpose (still King Arthur brand)

2) Used about 1/8 cup more water

3) Used about 1/8 tsp more yeast

The latter two items probably won't make much of a difference but I'm anxious to see if the results are different with the bread flour.

Cheers,

TRex
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i used the bread flour but have no point of refrence because it was the first time i had made it. :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    This guy told me the same thing earlier :laugh:
    poppin_fresh03.jpg
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Bread flour has a little more protein, and provides a bit more gluten. It will work just peachy-keen!

The longer the initial "hatch" period, the tastier the bread. If you add too much yeast, the yeast tends to "burn itself out," as it doesn't have sugar to feed on.

If you want to bake tomorrow, mix up stage one tonight and leave it out and covered on the counteop all night and into tomorrow.

If you want to bake in two or three days, put it in the fridge [covered w/plastic wrap] and forget about it. Take it out, let it come to room temp, and go.

Actually, leting stage one be a very long time refrigerated is a good idea... develops more taste.

Rotsa Ruck!

~ Broc
  • TRex
    Options
    HAHAHA! :silly: