Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

How to cook Texas pork ribs?

edited 1:02PM in EggHead Forum
Just bought some meaty looking Texas pork ribs? Does anyone have suggestions about the best way to cook them?[p]Celia

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Crob, What is a Texas pork rib?[p]CWM

• Car Wash Mike,[p]It is what they call Texas "style" pork ribs. They are pretty lean and real meaty. I have never cooked them before.[p]C

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    CRob, Are they boneless or have some bones in the them? I would cook indirect about 1 hour for every pound of meat at 225-250. Without knowing excactly where the cut of meat came from I can't help much.[p]CWM

• Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    Car Wash Mike,[p]I can't find anything in Cooks thesaurus[p]http://www.foodsubs.com/MeatPorkLoin.html
    [ul][li]Cooke's thesaurus[/ul]
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    08_13_0017_50_05_small.jpg
    <p />Crob, sounds like what is commonly referred to as "Country Style" ribs - not really ribs at all, but BBQ great.[p]08_13_0017_55_04_small.jpg
    [ul][li]Country Style[/ul]
  • GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    08_13_0017_50_05_small.jpg
    <p />Crob, sounds like what is commonly referred to as "Country Style" ribs - not really ribs at all, but BBQ great.[p]08_13_0017_55_04_small.jpg
    [ul][li]Country Style[/ul]
  • Tim and Mike,[p]Sorry I didn't get back last night. We went to a St. Patty's party. I think this cut must be the country style, bone in.[p]Celia

• Gfw,[p]Thanks, I think you are right...mine is a long slab with a bone, but I bet it is the same cut.[p]Celia
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,508
    CRob,
    Take a good look at the meat. If it looks real fatty, like a shoulder, do them like Gfw sez. If they are very lean and "loiny" looking cook them hot like chops. I have gotten country ribs up here that were very lean, though mostly they are real fatty. Depends where they cut 'em from.[p]Enjoy them.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,[p]Thanks. I looked at them and if you sliced them, they would look like very small, lean, bone-in pork chops. Smithfield makes them and they are in their "lean" family. It looks like we need to slice them up and cook them quickly like pork chops. [p]C