Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mary Karlin

Options

Comments

• Peter Creasey
    Options
    How long and at what temperature on a large BGE would be recommended for doing turkey this way?
  • Hustling Hare
    Options
    Not too bad of a promo for BGE. However, there are some omissions/issues with what was presented. First she needs a lot more charcoal. I don't think what she had woul last long enough at roasting temperatures (~350 deg.). Second, she really needs some space between the drip pan and the plate setter if she wants to use the drippings for gravy (ref. my posts/queries this last Xmas). Third, one really needs to cook to temperature and no Maverick or equivalent was present. She could have, of course checked it regularly with something like a Thermapen but then she would have to open the egg regularly to check.

Maybe if Mad Max, who was very helpful to me, returns to the forum, we can talk him into making a video to complement his fine instructions.

HH
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I did a Mad Max turkey cook last Thanksgiving on a 21-pounder at 325* and it took right around 6-1/2 hours.

I agree with Hustling Hare that she fumbled a couple of things that could have made the cook very tasty.
  • I was thinking the same things. If she was a list member she should have done better, but it is a great promo, especially if she actually uses the Egg in her classes. Maybe we should invite her to visit the list.